Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  6:15 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Need Advice

In a message dated 09/07/2000 11:02:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
lisa_molson@m... writes:

<< The director suggested maybe I have a song from "Sound of Music" for them
to sing. Would this be a better idea than vocalises? >>

I don't think so. I think do a few vocalises first and THEN do a song. I
think singing a song has too much baggage for people, whereas doing vocalises
is a little more objective. Then, once they're comfortable, they can sing
the little ditty. JMO.

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com