Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Wed Sep 6, 2000  2:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Source of frequencies was:FalsettoRecognition

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 01:00:10
buzzcen wrote:
>The female chest voice is actually much longer than what more
classically oriented pedagogies teach.

Randy-

Thank you for pointing this out. I was (unfortunately) always taught to use NO
chest voice anywhere about middle C. I was therefore accused of having no low
notes. Singing in pure head voice all the way down there will produce a voice
without low notes. I am finally (after 15 years of study) learning to mix my
chest voice into my middle, and I have discovered what a strong chest voice and
what a dark voice I actually have. ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Lisa-Marie

emusic.com