Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rachel Hughes" <despina@p...>
Date:  Wed Sep 6, 2000  5:55 am
Subject:  Fw: [vocalist-temporary] question

Hi Pat,

I've always liked the description one of my teachers once gave for fach
(i.e. voice part) -- "It's where the voice wants to live." For example, it's
quite possible for a soprano and a mezzo-soprano to have the exact same
range (in the sense of "hittable" notes); however, each voice will have
certain notes that really make it shine the most and where it's most
comfortable for the student.

I think everyone will agree with me that this is not always an easy
decision -- and I speak from experience!

Unfortunately, this is one of those topics that's danged near impossible to
discuss in writing, but I hope this helps you somewhat!

Rachel
Sweating Soprano in Houston (gack!)