Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 2, 2000  2:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: off-topic: Richard Miller Video Tapes

In a message dated 9/2/00 12:38:40 AM, craigtompkins@t... writes:

<< I've also participated in several Miller workshops. After hearing and
seeing him
in the workshops explaining function and technique, I've gone back to the
books
and found that many passages that at first seemed dry and dogmatic, when
re-read
with the sound of his voice and his ever-present good humour in my mind's
ear,
take on a whole different colouration. I can't recommend his courses enough,
especially for beginning teachers! >>

It also bears repeating, doesn't it, Craig? I began working with him in '89
and have continued to progress vocally ever since, using the suggestions he
made for all of us, but, more importantly, teaching the way that he teaches.
It keeps me vocally healthy and young. I first went to his course ( at TCU
in Fort Worth) because I found his column in the NATS Journal to be readable
and that it made such sense. I decided that if he talked and taught the way
he wrote that column, that I'd enjoy his teaching. He did, and I did.

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy

Lynda Lacy, Director of Choral Activities
Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, Mississippi
"Allow your voice to serve the music, not the other way around." - B. R.
Henson

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lynda313/myhomepage/profile.html">Lynda and
the Fine Arts</A>

emusic.com