Vocalist.org archive

From:  egroups@c...
Date:  Fri Sep 1, 2000  3:32 pm
Subject:  Re: more vocalist.org brainstorming

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, Eva Zuber <> wrote:
>The other think about the old vocalist, which I personally did not
like,
>was a total lack of privacy. Not like other lists, e.g. Opera-L, all
our
>posts are available to ALL search engines on the web. (try it -
(snip)
>Why was the Vocalist set up like that - I do not know.

To prevent the search engines from finding and indexing the Vocalist
archives takes only a single line in a text file called "robots.txt"
on the Web server. Whoever sets up the new "vocalist.org" should do
that before it is put back online. This is basic Web-server setup and
quite easy. I did this for the ChoralNet server myself.

David Topping
ChoralNet, Inc.
http://choralnet.org/manager/

emusic.com