Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Aug 31, 2000  3:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] more vocalist.org brainstorming

When we moved to Vocalist-Temporary, we lost about 50% of our membership.
Very few of these people came back - and many of them were very valuable
contributors whose participation I sorely miss.

Again, I think the "keep out the teens and aspiring Britney Spears'"
(a redundancy?) attitude being expressed by more than one of us here is
deplorably intolerant and exclusionary and has no place on a mailing list
that I THOUGHT was supposed to be a kind of mutually-encouraging support
group. Sometimes I wonder at the faultiness of human memory. Or can it
be that some of the folks on this list were never naive teenagers with
unrealistic dreams?

KM
-----
Ich sage euch: man muss noch Chaos in sich haben,
um einen tanzenden Stern gebaeren zu koennen.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html