Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Date:  Thu Aug 31, 2000  10:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] more vocalist.org brainstorming/adbusting

Mezzoid@a... wrote:

> -...I'm a bit annoyed at the ads coming up ...

This issue has come up on another egroups list that I am on.

To effectively kill the banners, go to the egroups site
http://www.egroups.com/group/vocalist-temporary, log in, "edit preferences",
click on "plain text email", click on "save changes" and log out. For reasons
still not clear to me, these changes may or may not take effect immediately.
When working properly, the ads will still appear, but only in text form, without
those horrible, gaudy, "strobographics". This apparently only works for new
messages after you have "edited preferences". If you bring up any saved
messages
from before the edit, I understand there is a "html code" in them which will
trigger the graphics.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers.

Michael