Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Tue Aug 29, 2000  5:52 pm
Subject:  Re: countertenor - falsetto

> Hmmm...Tako, this is starting to make sense to me. Do you know of any
> imaging done with CT's to see what is really going on ?

Dear James,

I know there are at least a few studies out there, but unfortunately, I
don't know the biblio info for them. A couple I've seen on the web,
though, so www.google.com should help there...

What I remember is that one study showed there was no difference in the
upper voice of a tenorino and other countertenors in terms of phonational
mode. Another study I've seen compares female soprano "head" voice to a
countertenor's (the authors called it "falsetto" for both singers. If you
find anything, please let me know, I'd like to bookmark them!

-Tako

emusic.com