Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Aug 26, 2000  11:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Perceptions of the Mezzo-soprano sound

In a message dated 08/26/2000 9:01:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
mbryant@f... writes:

<< I am a little surprised about what you wrote about mezzo-soprano: it
is not a soprano-in-training, like the viola is not a
violin-in-training.

Marie-Claire,
I did not write that statement. I was responding to a message from
Karen Mercedes in which she quoted someone else's making that
statement. Neither Karen nor I agree with it. >>

Nor I... although I have heard of voice teachers (including a certain female
one in DC) whose attitudes are: "There are no mezzos, only lazy sopranos."

To which *I* say: "Bite me."

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com