Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
Date:  Fri Aug 25, 2000  5:10 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Different uses of the term "Head Voice"

> However, from lower
> down, I don't think a falsetto production can sound full and rich. If it
> does then there is probably some adduction, allowing for a wider range of
> partials which can resonate at formant frequencies.

As I understand it (and I'm not enormously well read on the subject) all the
partials would not have to be present in the chords. High frequency
vibration in the chords could drive lower partials in the resonant cavity,
therefore producing a richer/wider sound from flutey, non-adducting
chords.

Request - Let's not take the discussion as far as "counter-tenors use
falsetto, Oh no they don't, oh yes they do, ....he's behind you !!! :)" OK.
It's been around too many times already.

Kevin.

ps The slightly obscure quip is a reference to the ancient art of pantomime,
which I don't believe is musch practiced on your side of the pond. :)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3779 Re: Different uses of the term "Head Voice" John Alexander Blyth   Wed  8/30/2000   4 KB

emusic.com