Vocalist.org archive

From:  <williams@e...>
Date:  Tue Aug 22, 2000  5:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] how we sound on a recording, was: My first Chicago Performance

Hi folks,

I am coming out of lurkdom to add to the discussion about recording mics for
the classical vocalist. I am also involved at mp3.com and have recently
invested my earnings in home recording equipment.

I purchased a Russian condenser mic called the Oktava 319 that I bought
from a website at http://www.soundroom.com. (He personally warrantees and
checks out the mics - supposedly the Russian quality controls aren't very
good.) I run it through a small Behringer mixer and then line out to my
fourtrack (for home recording) or my Sony sound system (for recording my
students). The whole set up cost around $350...very cheap considering the
excellent recordings that I am able to make.

Happy recording!

Valerie Williams
http://www.vocalsplendor.com
http://www.mp3.com/valeriewilliams