Vocalist.org archive

From:  "M.J. Ruhl" <mjruhl@s...>
Date:  Mon Aug 21, 2000  11:19 pm
Subject:  WASH.D.C.: Choral Auditions

THE 2000-2001 SEASON:
EXPECTATION AND REMEMBRANCE

The Capitol Hill Chorale will hold auditions for it's 2000-2001 season the
weeks of August 21 and August 28 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Capitol
Hill Presbyterian Church at 4th and Independence, SE.
We are particularly looking for first sopranos and tenors.

The 80-voice ensemble, will
present three concerts in its upcoming eighth season. The
2000-2001 season will be the first under the direction of
Fred Binkholder, who comes to the Chorale from Atlanta
where he established himself as one of that area's finest
young choral conductors. The Chorale has received
excellent reviews in recent years, and looks forward to
providing another year of quality music to audiences on
Capitol Hill.

Call (703) 998-0987 for an audition time. Please leave a day and evening
phone number.

I. "EXPECTATION"
An interactive celebration of seasonal choral music,
including selections from the Hebrew and African
traditions, by composers such as Bloch, Lassus and
Bruckner.

December 8 and 10, 2000, 7:30 p.m.
THE CAPITOL HILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

II. "CORONATION AND INAUGURATION"
As the U.S. inaugurates a new President, the Chorale
acknowledges the past and the present by coupling
Handel's "Coronation Anthems" with Howard Hanson's
setting of Walt Whitman's "Song of Democracy". Scored
for chorus and orchestra.

February 9 and 11, 2001, 7:30 p.m.
SAINT JOSEPH'S CATHOLIC CHURCH

III. "REMEMBRANCE"
The Chorale performs the American premiere of
contemporary French composer Tristan Foison's
"Requiem Masse". Scored for chorus and organ.

May 18 and 20, 2001, 7:30 p.m.
THE CAPITOL HILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

or more information
check out the Capitol