Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Mon Aug 21, 2000  10:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] how we sound on a recording, was: My first Chicago Performance

John wrote:

I immediately formed the (testable?)
> opinion that her lower resonances were just in the range that the little
> device reproduced the best, and that mine were too low for it. I think
this
> is so to a greater or lesser degree with all recording equipment, and
Dre's
> suggestion to Lisa to compare other voices on the same recording is likely
> to be quite instructive

I'm quoting this from Berklee's website
http://www.berklee.edu/html/in_voic.html ):

"Required Equipment for Vocalists
To get the most out of your studies at Berklee, please bring the following
equipment with you:

Microphone
Mic cord
A good quality microphone to start out with that is reasonable in price is
the Shure SM58 or Shure-Beta SM58. The Beta has a better higher frequency
response, which is good for many female vocalists. High end microphones
(which many famous artists use) are excellent but more expensive. These
include Sennheiser, Beyer-Dynamic, AKG, and Electro-Voice."

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3640 Re: how we sound on a recording, was: My first Ch Lisa M Olson   Tue  8/22/2000   3 KB
3641 Re: how we sound on a recording, was: My first Ch Dre de Man   Tue  8/22/2000   3 KB
3642 Re: how we sound on a recording, was: My first Ch williams@e...   Tue  8/22/2000   2 KB

emusic.com