Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Sat Aug 19, 2000  4:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF-TOPIC: BIG BROTHER

Lynda wrote:

> I knew there was no way the FBI would have a site, so I first checked it
out
> with a government employee. The FBI would use Drivers License Bureau
> information, which certainly contains more and better up-to-date
information
> than other sources. This site does not have any photos and only wants your
> information.
>
> Caio, thanks for NOTHING. All you have done is exposed members of the
list
> to someone who is gathering information for purposes we do not fully
> understand.

Lynda. Have you gone to the site? Have you looked for your picture? I'm not
sure you did it, otherwise you'd probably be laughing.

Concerning the FBI being Big Brother, ask the government employee about
Echelon. Do you anything about it? The European Parliament does and it's
causing diplomatic problems between France and the USA. Echelon is a
gigantic electronic intelligence system that can track any phone call, fax
or e-mail in the world and send it to an FBI's database in the US. According
to a European comission in their Parliament, in a study published in 1999, "
all phone calls, fax msgs and e-mailed msgs in Europe are regularly
intercepted and the 'interesting' information is resent, through a strategic
center in Menwith Hill, England, to the NSA ( National Security Agency of
the USA ) headquarter.

According to 2 former employees said to the European Parliament Comission,
it's been used to snoop into the Pope's and Lady Di's lives, as well as
Amnesty International and the Greepeace. According to them Wayne Madsen, who
worked at the NSA for 20 years, "anyone who's politically active may will
eventually be 'scanned' by the NSA".

Anyway, sorry if that didn't please you, but not even knowing what I just
told you I can't be that concerned about my privacy. I think you should
worry about what really matters.

Sorry again and bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com