Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Fri Aug 18, 2000  6:55 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Over-intellectualization.

>I'd also add Shirlee Emmons' discussions of breathing at
>www.voiceperformance.com, which is largely an easier interpretation of
>Richard Miller's explanation of appoggio. I send it to all my beginning
>students (with e-mail) and tell them that they might not understand it now,
>but bookmark it and read it again after a few weeks/months of study.
>
>Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
>Wauwatosa, WI

James here....

This is excellent ! This page and some of Lloyds posts on this subject
really have helped me understand technically what I was already doing
correctly. I started college over technical and always doing
over-intellectualization so my teacher went to other way. It is neat to now
know the technical side to breathing.

Peace and love from the high desert of northern New Mexico,

Saint James
mailto:stjames@l...
http://www.la-tierra.com/stjames

"J'ai seul la clef de cette parade sauvage."
Les Illuminations, Arthur Rimbaud (1854-1891)

emusic.com