Vocalist.org archive

From:  "stumke.jan" <stumke.jan@w...>
Date:  Thu Aug 17, 2000  9:35 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Recent recitals and 'honest' singers

Our baritono robusto John wrote:
"My 'Dichterliebe' recital went off quite well yesterday"
Brilliant! I would have loved to hear you! I hope the audience liked
it, too (I hope there WAS an audience!)

Later, in the same posting:
"a subsequent recital of "Dichterliebe" at an old folks home didn't sound
half as good. [...] I'm sure I'm not the only singer who has to watch out
for regression. Be ye warned, young singers!"
Thank you for telling us about that second recital. Unfortunately
regression can be very real to me, too. My regressions (and progressions)
are as spectacular as they are unpredictable. I suppose that's because I
didn't start taking lessons too long ago (18 months), but it's quite
annoying sometimes, because when I regress I really hurt my voice (can one
hurt his or her voice? Anyway, hope yall get the drift), so I have to keep
my mouth shut for two or three days after the dreadful thing has happened.
Fortunately, I can say that these accidents are less and less frequent, and
I hope they'll disappear one day!
Jan Stümke
Baritono poco robusto

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3546 Re: Recent recitals and 'honest' singers John Alexander Blyth   Thu  8/17/2000   5 KB
3553 Re: Recent recitals and 'honest' singers MFoxy9795@a...   Thu  8/17/2000   2 KB
3557 Re: Recent recitals and 'honest' singers John Alexander Blyth   Thu  8/17/2000   3 KB

emusic.com