Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Tue Aug 15, 2000  4:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Looking for a book...

You have a great website cited by Karen Mercedes, also you might consider:
Kagen's 'Music For The Voice', which lists a lot of song repertoire with
this kind of information and more; Coffin's 'Singer's Repertoire', 5
volumes of both song and aria repertoire with range, High, Med or Low, and
publisher. For notes on the main roles in operas, and much other
information there are 2 volumes of 'Opera Production, A Handbook', by Q.
Eaton. A big library, or a music library would be the most likely place to
find these. john

At 07:13 PM 8/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello Listers,
>
>I am wondering if there is a book anywhere that takes arias and/or art
songs,
>and lists their range and tessitura. I figured there might be a reference
>book like that somewhere. Anyone who knows of such a book, your help would
>be greatly appreciated.
>
>David Grogan
>East Texas Baptist University

John Blyth