Vocalist.org archive

From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@s...>
Date:  Tue Aug 15, 2000  1:45 am
Subject:  re: Looking for a book...

>I am wondering if there is a book anywhere that takes arias and/or art songs,
>and lists their range and tessitura. I figured there might be a reference
>book like that somewhere. Anyone who knows of such a book, your help would
>be greatly appreciated.

One such book is Richard Boldrey's "Guide to Operatic Arias & Roles". I
find it very useful; everything is cross-referenced so you can look up role
to find out the fach, look up fach to find out the aria, or whatever.
There are some roles inexplicably missing (Miss Wordsworth being, to me,
the glaring example) but by and large it's the most comprehensive listing
I've encountered.

emusic.com