Vocalist.org archive

From:  Colin Reed <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Mon Aug 14, 2000  3:27 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] off: video about percusion group

>===== Original Message From vocalist-temporary@egroups.com =====
>I wrote:
>
>> ... "Stomp", a touring dance/percussion group from Australia...
>> http://www.stomponline.com/.
>
>Hmm, and now that I have actually looked at this site, I see the show
>actually originated in England and has now "morphed" into several
>different casts throughout the world...
>
>Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
>Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
>http://www.angelfire.com/me/interdependence/

The video in question is probably "Stomp Out Loud", a live performance in New
York. It also has a video of them performing the piece with brooms after,
(can't remember the name of that piece).
Yes, they are a British group, and quite popular here. They pop up on a few
shows, one of the most bizarre recently being them accompanying Lesley Garrett
singing "Night and Day". I was hoping that I'd be able to remember the name
of the main choreographer (Luke someone I think).

Best wishes

Colin

Colin Reed, Tenor
Newark, Notts., UK