Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Date:  Sun Aug 13, 2000  11:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] off: video about percusion group

Rut Jiménez wrote:
Last year I participated in a course about musical pedagogy. The teacher showed us a video about a group of percussionists that made music with not usual instruments such as construction tools, sticks and water... Their name was something like "The Stumps". I found this video quite interesting for my students so I wrote down the name but... I have lost it :·(  I have been looking for this video here in Spain and also in Paris, and also in the Web! Is any of you familiar with this group? Any info would be appreciated.

Hello Rut,

I believe you are referring to "Stomp", a touring dance/percussion group from Australia.  I have seen them on a couple tv shows - really fun stuff...  Hmm, now you got me curious, so I have just found this website http://www.stomponline.com/.  Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Michael

Michael Eckford <michaelb@yknet.yk.ca>
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada