Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Fri Aug 11, 2000  10:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Renaissance Wedding repertoire

In a message dated 8/11/00 4:27:41 PM, jocelyngooch@h... writes:

<< Well, is my face red!!! I got the music today, and discovered - to my
horror that Purcell was a BAROQUE composer!!! Argh! How could I have been so
ignorant!? Thank goodness I had saved some of your other ideas and found a
lovely piece in my mezzo song book. And it is quite easy in comparison.

You sweet people! Next time I rashly choose the wrong composer for an era,
please, Please, PLEASE tell me I'm a fool! >>

Don't feel bad! I've seen Purcell's Fairie Queen performed at Renaissance
faires. Many people seem to associate him with the period.

Judy

emusic.com