Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shuff@c...
Date:  Thu Aug 10, 2000  9:51 pm
Subject:  Re: Duke, Britten, and repetoire

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, "Bryan Tank"
<broadwayboy81@h...> wrote:

Bryan -

That would depend on what voice type you are - if you're a tenor, I
could point you in definite directions (my favorites, what I've heard
tenors sings, etc.), but if not....

I would suggest just noodling around on the T.I.S. website. It is
very well organized and you can do searches in a number of ways.

Let us know, and I can make suggestions for you.

Sarah

> Could anyone give me insight into which JOhn Duke music book would
be the
> best to buy. What are some of the songs in his different books?
What are
> some of your favorites? Along the same lines, what are some of
your
> favorite Britten vocal pieces? What are some german arts song
books youd
> reccomend? Im purchasincg lots of vocal repetoire before heading
back to
> school this fall so I'd really appreciate your help!
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

emusic.com