Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Thu Aug 10, 2000  3:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "natural" singer-actors

In a message dated 8/10/00 4:45:21 AM, DCLARK@r... writes:

<< And Les denied the accusation! :)

And well he should have, because I confused Les annd Lloyd! My apologies to
both gentlemen!

Here's the statement (in Lloyd's post) that I was responding to:

<<Techniques of of how to walk, how to to use the face, how to use the eyes
to focus, how to use the body, how to use the hands, how to use gesture etc.
Always "how to". That is technique and if learned well it will fool
everybody and be considered as "method" or "being the character".>>

I see a lot of acting at this level--skilled use of gestures but no sense of
commitment to back it up. For me, that's posing, not acting.

Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3430 Re: "natural" singer-actors Lloyd W. Hanson   Fri  8/11/2000   3 KB

emusic.com