Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@m...>
Date:  Wed Aug 9, 2000  2:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] support - too tense

Jocelyn Gooch wrote:

> This brother and sister have a very hard time letting go of the
> tension/strength they have developed through doing ONE THOUSAND SIT-UPS A DAY!

Jocelyn,

Have you tried 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' or 'Happy Birthday'?

Seriously, my question is, why do they want to sing? They are apparently geared
for dance. There is nothing wrong with just dancing. One does not have to sing
to be in a dance troupe.

I suggest you query their mother. Usually this kind of attention to body is
initiated by the parents, not young teens.

My last thought is that if I had them apply I probably wouldn't have taken them
as students. If I did, and I would have to have three back mortgage payments to
make up, I would work with anything non-opera and non-intense Broadway. Like
Mary or Happy or Baa-Baa.

--
Dean FH Macy, Lit.D./Mus.D.

"Specializing in Management of exceptionally talented youth in Music"
<http://www.newenglandtalent.org> EPI Records - NetWork Films
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml
http://www.mp3.com/stations/one_christmas_eve
-----

"Making children do something they don't want to do is the job of the parents.
If that doesn't work, there are always juvenile detention centers." - Mike R. -

emusic.com