Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Tue Aug 8, 2000  11:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] learning acting

In a message dated 8/8/00 12:34:35 PM, DCLARK@r... writes:

<< But having the skills is what enables the actor to be free enough to allow
his/her own emotions to come through! If I put on a costume and make-up for
a role, I already feel myself more "into" the character. As I utilize my
facial
expressions, gestures, posture, etc., I also feel more "into" the character.
And as I go into the character more and more, the real emotions are touched
and can come smoothly through, unblocked. >>

We aren't really disagreeing here. I never said that having the basic skills
was not necessary or important--just that some people never get beyond them
into the real freedom that you describe.

Judy

emusic.com