Vocalist.org archive

From:  LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Tue Aug 8, 2000  9:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "natural" singer-actors

Dear Isabelle,
You asked:
> Perhaps it has to do with a lack of self-consciousness?
I believe you're onto something there. Essentially, I see it as a
communications challenge. I have to understand the character, then I have to
find a way to relate to what could possibly motivate them do do what they do,
then I have to relate it in some way - no matter how remote - to what I've
done in my life. Working at the craft of it is exasperating and tremendous
fun at the same time.

There is a sort of self hypnosis (some call it focus) that you have to learn
to "live in".
That's all I can think to say, 'cause everybody has to learn how to do it for
themselves.
Warmest regards,
Les

emusic.com