Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Aug 8, 2000  5:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Athletes who are singers/musicians?????

>From: leskayc@a...
>
>As church choirs crank back up for the fall this could be useful
>information
>for us-we have a faction of kids, mostly boys, who for some reason believe
>that singing in a church choir will somehow have a deleterious effect on
>their athletic abilities.
>
>Surely there is some big name athlete out there who sings...........
>
>Leslie (who knows absolutely nothing about athletes)

One night, while driving over the Santa Cruz Mountains, I turned on "This
American Life" and was treated to Muhammed Ali (then known as Cassius Clay)
singing "Stand By Me." Ali has a sweet Motown-style pop tenor; shame he
didn't sing more!

Liz

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I think gasoline should cost 49 cents a gallon. No, darn it, make that 29
cents a gallon! Also the gas-station attendants should pump it for you. And
when you get home, you should be able to watch Milton Berle on your Philco
TV. --Dave Barry