Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Aug 4, 2000  9:20 pm
Subject:  OFF: Bangkok Piano Concert: The mystery deepens.....

Inspired by the Urban Legends Reference Page examination of Myron Kropp's
battle with a recalcitrant Baldwin on a certain night in Bangkok c. 1967
(maybe!), I did searches on Mamma.com and Altavista under "Myron Kropp."

As expected, nearly every hit referred to the infamous "review," which
remains remarkably consistent in every telling. HOWEVER, I found two
references to a Myron Kropp in the site for the Sturgeon Creek Post in
Saskatchewan, Canada. This particular M. Kropp is described as a "karaoke
expert."

Here's a URL to one reference:
http://forsaskinfo.com/thepost/issues/2-47/story2.htm

Could it be that Mr. Kropp's humiliation in Bangkok drove him from the
concert stage and toward a fairly idiot-proof method of musical expression?
Or is it possible that the karaoke man appropriated the unfortunate
pianist's name for stage use?

Perhaps some of our Canadian members could shed some light on this mystery.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I think gasoline should cost 49 cents a gallon. No, darn it, make that 29
cents a gallon! Also the gas-station attendants should pump it for you. And
when you get home, you should be able to watch Milton Berle on your Philco
TV. --Dave Barry