Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Sun Jul 30, 2000  7:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Papageno

Hi Linda,
The first half of the first verse is repeated as
the first part of the second verse. I have no clue
why. I guess Papageno is just repeating to Tamino
that he is the bird catcher for the Queen of the
night. I'd love to know the answer for this too. My
college is putting on The Magic Flute this year and
Papageno is the part I'm going after. There doesn't
seem to be a whole lot of material for character
baritone actors that aren't old men. When I was
working on this aria for the audition, I decided that
Mozart probably knew better than I, so I just went
along with it. And hey, it just fewer words to
memorize.