Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu Jul 27, 2000  1:00 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] live or Memorex?

>From: JJHolzmeier@w...
>
>Were there ever any opera singers featured in Memorex commercials? I
>seem to remember an operatic diva wailing a high note and breaking that
>glass, but I can't recall who that might have been. Or, for that
>matter, if I'm even remembering it correctly--that commercial has been
>spoofed so many times on American television that I could be thinking of
>something else entirely.

I have a very vague memory of Roberta Peters. But she may have been
endorsing tea, not cassette tapes.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I think gasoline should cost 49 cents a gallon. No, darn it, make that 29
cents a gallon! Also the gas-station attendants should pump it for you. And
when you get home, you should be able to watch Milton Berle on your Philco
TV. --Dave Barry

3171 Re: live or Memorex? Shannon   Thu  7/27/2000   2 KB

emusic.com