Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Wed Jul 26, 2000  12:21 pm
Subject:  Trevor Allen:Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ice Cream is

O Trevor, I'm sure you are a voice technician!!

I use this term in respect of the fact that when I was
calling myself a singing teacher, I got loads of
students who just wanted to bash through numbers. I
got sick and tired of pointing out that I was not a
vocal coach or repetiteur, and that I was interested
only in students who wanted either to a)learn a solid
vocal technique and b) who are trying to fix an
defective one, be it through nodes or other such
disasters.

So technician just seems like the most useful term for
me. I don't get plaqued with dreary belters who
aren't interested in 'bettering' their voices, just
picking my brains, and I can get on with the business
of trying to student's vocal apparatus to work as well
as possible.

I often think a voice teacher is a bit like a mechanic
if you will! So technician arrived from technique!

I hope that makes it as clear as mud now!!

Best wishes,

Ian

3162 Re: Trevor Allen:Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ice Cre John Alexander Blyth   Wed  7/26/2000   2 KB

emusic.com