Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Tue Jul 25, 2000  8:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] is icecream bad for voice?

To add to all this:
I don't sing as well as I might up to two hours after a meal; up to
three hours after a night's sleep; up to eight hours after a long hot run.
But if I am careful about what I eat and drink I can usually perform
within a half hour or so; the night's sleep not only produces the wrong
kind of mucus, but one can get dehydrated - hydration is a wonderful thing.
On the subject of hydration - the only thing I can drink without some
phlegmy reaction is slightly warm water - even Gatorade, which I find very
useful, produces that kind of reaction for maybe a half hour. Just me,
though. john
At 11:23 AM 7/25/00 +0930, you wrote:
>um, it is true, but dont skip breakfast just coz you'll be
>singing that day. Milk is really important in our diets.
>Just have somethin that helps cleans away and coated feeling
>you get. i think orange juice is good like that. works for
>me
>
>Rodge
>
>Patricia M Smith wrote:
>>
>> Stephanie:
>> Milk & related products tend to form mucous in the throat &/or on vocal
>> chords. Its something to stay away from if you plan to rehearse, perform,
>> etc. that day.
>> Pat

>Remember the good 'ol days

John Blyth