Vocalist.org archive

From:  Roger Smith <roger@c...>
Date:  Tue Jul 25, 2000  8:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] is icecream bad for voice?

Isabelle Bracamonte wrote:

> Milk is certainly not an important part of the human
> diet, or we never would have made it into the age of
> domesticated cows. Humans are the only creatures who
> drink breast milk after childhood -- also the only
> creatures who drink the milk of another type of
> animal.

We are the only ones to do a lot of things, like cook food,
that's cause we're human. We are more than just flesh and
blood, we're not just an animal. But, what i was saying was
milk is important in our diet as a source of calcium and
stuff. That's why I said it . Sure you can get calcium
otherwise, just like if someone said you need to eat some
meat in your diet. Okay, you dont need to eat meat, you can
get what you need otherways, but as a basic diet that humans
have lived on the thousands of years and helped us be strong
and healthy and conquer the world etc, stuff like milk and
eggs and meat and veges adn spices adn salt and what ever
else you wanna think of in its various forms is and can all
be good for you in some form. There easy ways to to do
things if you want. Whatever.

All sorts of stuff can gunk up vocals cords, but just be
sensible. If you wanna take it to the nth degree, stay
inside a dust free glass bubble with a constant temp and
humidity, and get drip fed what ever the latest technically
correct diet is.

All i was simply saying was milk (or its equivalent source
for calcium etc) is an important part of the human diet.
Dont sacrifice good health for singers' (ultimately not very
important) worries.

> Green leafy vegetables, almonds, calcium-fortified
> orange juice, soy milk, collard greens, sesame seeds,
> tofu, figs -- all have more calcium than milk. Also,
> the calcium in milk is difficult to absorb without
> milkfat, which most people avoid.
>
> And it gunks up the cords.

read the other post. maybe, maybe not so.

take me to task if you wish. And if you're feeling up to it,
you can correct my spelling and grammar too.

peace

Rodge

emusic.com