Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Tue Jul 25, 2000  4:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] is icecream bad for voice?

I agree with the orange juice suggestion. Apple juice
or apples by themselves are excellent also. It
contains just enough acid to cleanse the vocal chords,
but not to strip them of the little bit of mucus you
do need to keep the vocal chords moist. Lemons are
very bad. Don't suck on them. They have too much
acid and strip too much away from the vocal chords. I
know many singers who have sucked on lemons to get rid
of a gloppy throat and would have done just as well to
deal with the gloppy throat than to stip it.

Hope this helps some

Trevor