Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kubiak, Laurence L SSI-SMMS" <Laurence.l.Kubiak@I...>
Date:  Fri Jul 21, 2000  9:54 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Bass/Baritone Discussion

Current Favoutites:

Baritones:

Ettore Bastianini
Robert Merrill
Nicolae Herlea
Giovanni Bellantoni
Mario Sammarco
Domenico Viglione-Borghese
Emilio de Gogorza
Gerard Souzay (1st ten years of career)
George London
Friedrich Schorr
Anselmo Colzaani

and among those still with us: Tony Michaels-Moore and Mariusz Kwiecin,
although neither give any sign yet of being in the same class as those
abovr.

Basses:

Cesare Siepi
Feodor Chaliapin
Lev Sibiryakov
Kurt Moll
Giulio Neri
Martti Talvela
Italo Tajo
Ezio Pinza (on a good day)
Nicolai Ghiaurov
Alexander Kipnis
Giorgio Tozzi

and whatever happened to Paata Burchuladze, who started so well?

Regards / vriendelijke groeten

Laurie Kubiak
Commercial Analyst - Europe & Africa SMMS
Sales and Contract Support, Shell Services International
Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA
Telephone: +44 171 934 3853; Fax: +44 171 934 6674
Mobile: 07771 971 921: E.mail: Laurence.l.Kubiak@i...
Office: LON-SC 631