Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Thu Jul 20, 2000  5:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Bass/Baritone Discussion

Well, no, not really - but I'm in a small centre and have to pretty much
make it up from what sounds and feels right, what I've heard other singers
do live or on recording and what I've read. Unfortunately the literature
isn't exactly wriggling with low note ideas - I'm still not clear whether I
ever use "Strohbass" despite Tako's fascinating demonstration and R.
Miller's description.
I do note that low notes, to project at all, must feel like they come from
the very bottom of my gut, and have quite a hefty vibrato, but the whole
thing should feel open, not pressed - it's like kicking into turbocharge. john

At 10:22 PM 7/19/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello again!
>
>Well, topic for the day.... '????? Technique'
>
>Do any of you low voiced men have any particular school(s) of though
>that you follow (ex: melocchi)? Just looking for any ideas and or
>comparisons between what works for the high-voice and low-voice.
>
>Cheers,
>
>CC

>Check out Tupperware's Special Offers!
>Limited Time Only!