Vocalist.org archive

From:  April Salerno <april_salerno@y...>
Date:  Fri Jul 14, 2000  9:28 pm
Subject:  Russian music and fachs

Dearest Listers,

Isabelle had mentioned study in languages such
as Russian or czech if one's voice was suited to that
music, and I was wondering, what type of voice is
generally considered to be well suited to Russian
music? Or is it greatly varied as with most languages?
I'm personally interested in Russian music and have
worked on some Rachmaninov pieces with some success.
Currently, my voice is on the heavy side and
mezzo-ish. Would this be considered a good match to
this repertoire? I imagine it would be, considering
the histrionics of much of this music, but I'd like to
hear what the other listers think. Your help is
appreciated.

=====
April Salerno
B.M. in Vocal Performance
Baldwin-Wallace College
Class of 2002

3017 Re: Russian music and fachs Trevor Allen   Sat  7/15/2000   3 KB

emusic.com