Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Wed Jul 12, 2000  10:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Martin Guerre Question

Actually Martin Guerre was premiered last year at the Guthrie Theatre in
Minneapolis. I auditioned for it (although I didn't get anything - I'm not
Equity and I think that makes a difference)

Unfortunately, it seems to have pretty much flopped. I didn't see the show
myself (I have a difficult time going to shows I have unsuccessfully auditioned
for), but having talked to several people who did (some of whom left in the
middle of the show because it was so bad) , I wouldn't have too high a hope for
it coming to Broadway. It also apparently didn't do very well at the box
office after the first week. One of those things with lots of hype and little
substance apparently.

Lisa-Marie