Vocalist.org archive

From:  cyrus@e...
Date:  Wed Jul 12, 2000  4:58 pm
Subject:  Re: What is a Bass (a question of sound)

John, Thanks for your reply!

Just to give you a little background on my situation...(big
breath)... I'm still rather young, 25, and I find that my voice is
still changing mightily from year to year (not so much range as in
colour). I have been singing in one setting or another for most of
my life, but finally bit the bullet and started voice lessons May99.
My teacher didn't want to pigeonhole me, but tentatively pronounced
me a Bass/Baritone. In January I moved from Regina to Vancouver and
haven't got around to finding a new teacher. But, I have continued
practicing on my own.

Anyways... In reading the list I came across some interesting
discussions, and tried a few of the suggestions. I have since found
a new richness and volume in my chest register that I didn't have
before. So what I'm wondering is how long do we keep from labeling
ourselves this or that, and what do we do in the meantime? Thanks!

Cyrus

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2974 Re: What is a Bass (a question of sound) John Alexander Blyth   Wed  7/12/2000   4 KB
2976 Bass/Baritone Discussion Was: What is a Bass (a cyrus@e...   Wed  7/12/2000   2 KB
2985 Re: Bass/Baritone Discussion Was: What is a Bass John Alexander Blyth   Thu  7/13/2000   3 KB
2986 Re: Bass/Baritone Discussion Was: What is a Bass Joel Figen   Thu  7/13/2000   4 KB

emusic.com