Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Mon Jul 10, 2000  4:30 pm
Subject:  SF Chronicle reviews Vocalister in Today's Paper (July 10, 200)

Hi cyber friends
For all you Bay Area listers, the review for the play "Summertime" came out
today in the Chronicle where I play an over the top Italian opera singer. Bob
Graham gave us a little clapping man and wrote: "It may be unfair to single
out a favorite, but people are going to do it anyway. My own is the tall,
glamourously ditzy mother, in necklace and skimpy white two piecer, played by
Tina Osinski. At one point she goes off on a nutty tangent about Italy that
builds from vapidly funny to the surprise of a heartfelt ode to Tuscany. She
tops it by breaking into a mezzo rendition of the aria "O mio babbino caro"
from Puccini's "Gianni Schicchi", which, remember, is set in Florence."
Overall, this project is an exceptional one. It is a world premiere of a new
play by Charles Mee with outstanding direction from Kenn Watt. I hope you can
make it to the Magic Theater to see it. It plays W-Sat at 8 PM, Sundays at
2:30 PM from now until July 23rd at the Magic Theater at Fort Mason.
(415)441-8822. Thx.
TinaO

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2922 Re: SF Chronicle reviews Vocalister in Today's Pa Jennifer   Mon  7/10/2000   3 KB
2927 Re: SF Chronicle reviews Vocalister in Today's Pa Elizabeth Finkler   Mon  7/10/2000   3 KB

emusic.com