Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Raff Wilson" <tobyraff@h...>
Date:  Sun Jul 9, 2000  6:45 am
Subject:  Re: Acupuncture treatment

Hullo list,

It's great to see others have been finding success with acupuncture. I have
had five sessions now - each has concentrated on a different area (temples,
chest, feet/knees). Similarly, the aim has been to release blocked energy,
not necessarily anatomically linked to the voice. The most noticable
difference was from a needle in the hollow right at the base of the throat
(worrying the first time around!). The feeling was one of great warmth and
space around my larynx, extending right up to the soft palate.

The practitioner gave a clear indication of how many sessions it would take
to clear up, and he was more or less right - some sessions seemed more
beneficial than others with regard to the sounds I could make afterwards.
I'm keen to continue with him though, because this experience has reminded
me that singing involves the whole body, and requires a whole body approach.

Cheers!

Raff Wilson

2900 Re: Acupuncture treatment Patricia M Smith   Mon  7/10/2000   4 KB

emusic.com