Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Tue Jul 4, 2000  10:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Bass--- Baritone types.

Leo,
What can I say? Although I've been singing choral bass for years I'm
really a baritone, and maybe even quite a high one. In fact I went through
a sort of singer-identity-crisis over this one, which still comes back and
forth. From a tape I heard the other day I sound like a sort of baritone
version of Jussi Bjoerling, so that's the kind of bass I am!. :o)john

At 11:47 PM 7/1/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Alain and John Alex. B., you both mention that you are bass'es
>it would be easier for me to imagine your singing voices when you talk
>about arias you have/are singing if you could compare yourself to
>some well known bass---Pinza---Berry---Christoff etc.. I would
>compare myself to Owen Brannigan or Pinza { said he modestly}
>
>Regards Leo-----Drogheda
>
>P.S.this applies to all the other bass'es out there.

>Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

emusic.com