Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Michael Mayer" <mjmayer@h...>
Date:  Tue Jul 4, 2000  5:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Digest Number 162

> Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:27:18 -0700
> From: "Marthea Blewitt" <Marthea@a...>
>Subject: Re:Voice class book
>

>Michael suggested the book, Clifton Ware's text "Adventures in Singing"

Marthea, I have used the book and it provides a very good place to start
from in each class. I studied with Clif Ware at the U of Minnesota for my
Master's Degree in Vocal Performance with an unofficial emphsis in Pedagogy
while he was writing this book and his ped. book. As I said to you
off-list, he wrote "Adventures in Singing" specifically to fill in the
blanks that other books left. He runs several voice classes at the
University and they usually go through a chapter a week and then review the
material in class, along with doing a group warm-up, vocal exercises, and
then song prep. Obviously you can organize it however you want, but I would
be willing to answer any other questions people might have.

Michael Mayer