Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Mon Jul 3, 2000  8:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Voice Class Book

In a message dated 7/3/00 1:23:11 PM, Marthea@a... writes:

<< I was wondering what the age grouping was for your voice class? What was
the age of your youngest? oldest? And, how many did you have in the class?
Did you have time to do duets or canons?

I opened it for anyone from grades 7 through 12. Because of summer school
courses offered only in the mornings (academic) for HS, I ended up with all
junior high students. That was fine with me. I had 10 students in all...5
were 12, and the other 5 were 14. Interesting.

I did use some canons from the Juilliard Repertory Library. They got the
group singing together and listening, right from the beginning.

Lynda Lacy, Soprano
Director of Choral Activities, Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, MS
LYNDA313@a...

emusic.com