Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Jul 3, 2000  8:03 pm
Subject:  "Candide": THE CRITICS RAVE!

Well, one critic anyway. According to the Monterey Herald, I bring "an
engaging lunacy" to the role of the Old Lady. A local weekly says that I
contribute mightily to the ensemble numbers and evoke a great deal of
sympathy on "I Am Easily Assimilated." (?)

I've been having a lot of fun, especially since I've been ignoring the stage
director. Not the staging, mind you. Just the director.

Unfortunately, the Monterey Herald's web page is, to put it kindly,
inadequate. I may try scanning the review and posting it on my web site.

(Actually, I was hoping to be described as "an inspired female clown." But
I'll take what I can get.)

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Singing is the lowest form of communication." --Homer Simpson

2822 Re: "Candide": THE CRITICS RAVE! Naomi Gurt Lind   Tue  7/4/2000   2 KB
2832 Re: "Candide": THE CRITICS RAVE! Roger Smith   Wed  7/5/2000   2 KB

emusic.com