Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Vale [^_^]" <valevanni@m...>
Date:  Mon Jul 3, 2000  10:21 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] pitch differences (was bach and basses)

On Mon, 03 Jul 2000 14:40:14
David Cox wrote:

>> At 04:55 PM 06/19/2000 -0500, John Alexander Blyth wrote:
>> >Now here is the crux for me - though I don't know how loud Tako's
>> >impressive demonstration was, my low notes don't sound like that. They do,
>> >however, tail away in dynamic level, as I have bemoaned to this list in
>> >approximately this fashion:
>> >
>> >NOTE LOUDEST POSSIBLE DYNAMIC
>> >D2 ff
>> >C2 f
>> >F#1 mf about here, natural vibrato is difficult
>> >C#1 mp
>> >B0 p or pp
>> >

>Johm, I can see from your posts that you have a very impressive >voice, but do
I really understand your notation? I've always >understood that A4 is A440 (a
simple way to remember it)
>and that the scale divisions are middle C up to including B one tone >above
A440 - so that middle C is C4, C one octave above is C5 etc. >By my
calculations you are phonating at the B which is
>three octaves and one semi tone below middle C. Think I'll retire!

Your doubt is mine too: wasn't he writing the notes one octave below those he
sings?
"f" on a C2 seems not very common (for me it's difficult on B2!)

emusic.com