Vocalist.org archive

From:  David Cox <davidcox@c...>
Date:  Mon Jul 3, 2000  6:10 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] pitch differences (was bach and basses)

> At 04:55 PM 06/19/2000 -0500, John Alexander Blyth wrote:
> >Now here is the crux for me - though I don't know how loud Tako's
> >impressive demonstration was, my low notes don't sound like that. They do,
> >however, tail away in dynamic level, as I have bemoaned to this list in
> >approximately this fashion:
> >
> >NOTE LOUDEST POSSIBLE DYNAMIC
> >D2 ff
> >C2 f
> >F#1 mf about here, natural vibrato is difficult
> >C#1 mp
> >B0 p or pp

Johm, I can see from your posts that you have a very impressive voice, but do I
really
understand your notation? I've always understood that A4 is A440 (a simple
way to remember it)
and that the scale divisions are middle C up to including B one tone above A440
- so that middle
C is C4, C one octave above is C5 etc. By my calculations you are phonating at
the B which is
three octaves and one semi tone below middle C. Think I'll retire!

David Cox
Baritono Lyrico e Compresso

--

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2840 Re: pitch differences (was bach and basses) John Alexander Blyth   Wed  7/5/2000   4 KB

emusic.com