Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Marthea Blewitt" <Marthea@a...>
Date:  Mon Jul 3, 2000  7:01 am
Subject:  Re: Book "Steps to Singing"

Thanks, Dr. Diane. I've only been teaching private voice for about 3 years
and the group class is something new. I'd like a textbook as a guide to
begin with although, I'm sure I'll add much of own ideas. I may decide to
ditch the textbook altogether. Who knows? Most textbooks seem to be geared
to the college or high school level and I may have a few in this class who
are middle school age.

The hardest part for me, whether group or private, is the first few lessons.
It's a challenge to know how to begin. Should I work on breathing first?
Posture? Pitch matching? Goals? All the above? (I always try to cover too
much at first.)

I think I'll go back to those messages on vocalist entitled "Your teaching
in a nutshell!"

All advice from fellow teachers of young voices is welcome!

Marthea

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2805 Re: Book "Steps to Singing" LYNDA313@a...   Mon  7/3/2000   2 KB
2808 Re: Book "Steps to Singing" DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Mon  7/3/2000   2 KB

emusic.com