Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sat Jul 1, 2000  5:37 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: seth riggs

In a message dated 6/30/00 10:26:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
bandb@n... writes:

<< Now in my mind, the opposite of imagery, or, NOT resorting
to the imagination, is objectivity, and so I assume you have the detail in
mind
of the process you uphold, so why do you keep us in the dark? >

Boy Reg, I'm not keeping you in the dark, and I am a very lucid writer
(according to most). I really don't know what else you want, but here it
goes.

The muscles of adduction keep the back portion of the folds closed,
therefore less air will be used to move the portion that is left to vibrate.
The prephonatory tuning of the folds is what influences the amount of air
used, not vice versa. Equating this to cheerleading etc, is not a valid
point, the sound I've heard from damped production is not one would equate
with cheerleading and does not produce the qualities one would associate with
pressed phonation where the mucosal cover becomes very stiff to produce
higher pitches. And as I stated in my previous post, I did not say that
dampening was the only way of producing higher pitches, just the one SLS
prefers.

I hope that does it.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2789 Re: seth riggs Reg Boyle   Sun  7/2/2000   4 KB

emusic.com