Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Fri Jun 30, 2000  5:18 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Oh what a difference a week makes...

To me it sounds like you made the final adjustment to allow you to cover the
notes above the passage. Cover to me is modification of vowel and position.
Position means all of the adjustments a singer can make to the vocal tract,
jaw, mouth, ect. When you are in the right position the tone spins, has
ring, and is easy to produce. This adjustment to your jaw was needed to
bring everything in line.

You need to really start listening to your teacher. You are tuneing your
instrument, an instrument that you cannot hear correctly. This is where a
second, seasoned pair of ears are so important.

Peace and love from the high desert of northern New Mexico,

Saint James
mailto:stjames@l...
http://www.la-tierra.com/stjames

"Ask the plants of the earth and they will teach you." Job 12:8

emusic.com